PRE CONTRACT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Our Pre-Construction work starts with a clear understanding of our Client’s initial aspirations for their project; these are then taken through to a completed design and build.
Project Management sees the continuation of Pre Construction works from the issuing of a tender to building contractors for pricing through to the completion of the building works
We conduct our work alongside highly experienced professionals in order to prepare a project for tender.
Some of the key pre-construction services we offer are listed below:
- Assemble an appropriate project design team
EG: Architect, Engineer, Designers (M&E, Lighting, Interior), Party Wall surveyor, Acoustic & environmental surveyors, Building Control, external specialist sub-contract design packages (kitchen, bathroom, conservatory, audio visual)
- Instruct, co-ordinate and manage the design team who are issued with a pre-construction programme
The process often includes submitting Planning Applications, Local Authority permits (street hoardings, scaffolding, skips, plant)
Scope of Works
Preparation of a detailed SOW to enable comparable tender results and facilitate tender analysis
Specialist sub contract design and installation procurement
EG: Kitchen, conservatory, AV, security, lighting, bespoke joinery
Well structured pre-contract work is essential to provide the detail required of Local Authorities for Planning and Building Regulation compliance, it is also essential to provide all elements of the design to building contractors at the tender stage to ensure that accurate comparable pricing responses are received and that a project is well considered, designed and prepared for work on site.
On completion of pre-contract work the project will be prepared for pricing purposes. We invite building contractors to tender; when doing so we consider the project size, complexity, duration and location for the tender.
Some of the key project management services are:
- Pre Contract
- Issue of tender, tender analysis and presentation of contractors’ responses to the Client
- Review of the contractors construction programme
- Agreement of Contract Sum and appointment of main contractor
- Preparation of appropriate contract
- Contract period
- Administration of work variations
- Continual liaison and site meetings with main contractor, architects, engineers, designers, Building Control, sub-contractors, utility suppliers as required
- Ongoing monitoring of time, cost and quality of the work through frequent site visits
- Preparation and issue of Snagging list
- Hold final meeting with Building Control at Practical Completion (hand over).
- Issue Practical Completion certificate
- Maintain contact with Client during defects period (commences after Practical Completion for period of 3 – 6 months)
- Return to property at expiry of defects period, arrange return of contractor and oversee any works that might be required
- Arrange release of retention following contractors rectification of any defects